Building and Services Facility Management
Operating throughout the United Kingdom from regional bases, our teams of mobile technicians provide a fully integrated service. Utilising the latest work flow management system coupled with hand held technology; and a national 365 24/7 presence, Freedom has the qualified engineers and surveyors, authorised personnel and a full range of trade skills to deliver on clients’ needs, minimising any disruption to vital services.
Providing planned and reactive / emergency services relating to the specialist care of operational and Non-operational facilities
- Mechanical and Electrical maintenance
- Buildings Fabric Maintenance
- Minor Civil Works and Projects
Office and Depot Refurbishment
The contract comprised four separate projects to be delivered concurrently. The elements were as follows:
- Internal refurbishment of an aging office block
- External security and infrastructure upgrades including fencing gates and installation of a new power ring-main.
- Construction of a new secure data storage facility
- Demolition of two large redundant buildings
In order to successfully complete these works, it was imperative to maintain and manage a complex project programme and fully understand how each separate element of the project affected the dynamics of the other parts. The Freedom Project Manager had to manage multiple trades and a limited number of specialist contractors on a daily basis to ensure that the client’s high specification and delivery expectations were met.
Critical to the successful delivery of the project was the dedication and commitment of the project manager and his team and their can-do attitude in a constantly evolving work environment which encompassed:
- Demolition of building and clear muck from site
- Stripping out existing toilet, electrical wiring, IT cables, trunking etc
- Refurbish new breakout room area with ceiling, floor plastering, painting, joinery, new electrical, air conditioning, fire alarm etc
- Refurbish toilet area with new vanity unit, toilet cubicle, suspended ceiling, new floor, all plumbing, new electrical wiring, air conditioning, fire alarm etc
- New fire alarm system installation to all areas
- High Spec joinery fit out for breakout room
- Street Lighting with new feeder pillars
- Installation for new cable ducts in trench for CCTV camera system and LV cables
- Securus metal fencing up to 3m high
- Change existing water mains layout and install valves
- Install concrete ring man hole for water mains
- Reinstate Tarmac works as required with road marking
- Temporary Welfare facilities provided for NPg staff for duration of toilet refurbishment
- Asbestos removal and disposal prior to demolition of buildings
- Carpet tile replacement
Comprehensive weekly review meetings were held with the client representatives to analyse progress on site, forthcoming works and any issues, both potential and actual. The revised programme often included out of hours working to avoid undue disturbance to the operational functionality of the site.
UK Power Networks
Hard Facilities Maintenance Contract
London East Anglia and South East
Freedom are required to carry out Compliance Management, Planned and Reactive Maintenance and Facilities tasks across 80 UKPN operational and non-operational sites throughout London, East Anglia and South East England.
Freedom appointed an implementation manager whose task was to carry out a detailed mobilisation, managing the critical path from contract award to the “Go Live” date.
The contract was set using our Computerised Facilities Management System (CAFM) including the use of integrated hand held technology and the uploading of all assets in an individual site format.
As a major part of the service delivery management is to show total compliance with both statutory legislation and SFG20 maintenance standards, detailed attention was required to asset verification and a comprehensive knowledge of system and equipment operation to ensure adherence to manufacturers recommended maintenance requirements.
Following the completion of the system set up, an extensive testing and user training programme was carried out prior to the system going live on the service commencement date.
Administered by a dedicated contract help desk and service coordinators, the work tasks are delivered via a directly employed resource supported by a specifically vendor assessed specialist supply chain.
Through strict adherence to the Freedom Mobilisation Process, all procedures, risk assessments and method statements, staff, equipment and materials were in place prior to service commencement.
As this contract included the transfer of staff from an incumbent contractor, our Human Resources Department utilised their extensive Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE) experience so effect a smooth transition of employment.
A detailed monitoring and audit plan has been implemented to measure the meeting or exceeding of both Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). This is supported by monthly reports that have been developed to meet both the Client and Freedom business needs.
During the early part of the contract we have received positive feedback from stakeholder surveys regarding the smooth transition and quality of service.
The contract continues to go from strength to strength and has expanded to include significant minor and major projects works.