We are delighted to announce that Freedom Group has won a Green Apple Environment Award in recognition for environmental best practice. There were over 1000 nominations received by the Green Organisation for this year’s Green Apple Awards.
The Green Apple Awards began in 1994 and are supported by the Environment Agency, the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, the Chartered Institution for Wastes Management and other independent bodies.
The judges were impressed by the measurable improvements in our environmental performance across all areas – carbon, waste and environmental management system, including the following:
• Freedom Group reduced its carbon footprint per turnover by 6.7% last year. The calculation of the carbon footprint and carbon reduction plan is externally certified to CEMARS (Carbon Emissions Measurement and Reduction Scheme) by Achilles.
• We worked with our Telematics partner to change drivers’ behaviour and driving styles.
• Our on-site segregation of recyclable waste has improved by 10% and we improved our landfill diversion by 2% on last year.
• Environmental Awareness Training delivered to staff
• Achieving ISO 14001:2015 standard
• Our Procurement team has achieved the Gold Award from Supply Chain School of Sustainability and CIPS rating
The awards are organized by the Green Organisation – an international, independent, non-political, non-profit environment group dedicated to recognising, rewarding and promoting environmental best practice around the world.